Is Seller Financing a Good Idea?
When it comes to financing a property, most transactions follow a familiar process. The seller finds a willing buyer with the income, work history, and credit score to qualify for a mortgage. A lender puts up the money to finance the transaction.
But what happens if traditional financing is not available and the buyer and seller want to go ahead with the sale individually? This is known as seller financing. As the term implies, the person who is selling the house finances the purchase. If you want to avoid the hassle, all this involves, I Will Buy House makes it simple for you.
How Does Owner Financing Work?
The seller does not give any money to the buyer as a mortgage lender would with owner financing. Instead, the seller grants the buyer enough credit to cover the home’s purchase price, minus the down payment.
The buyer signs a loan note to the seller detailing the terms of the loan, which may include:
- Interest rate
- The payment schedule
- Consequences of default
Pros and Cros About Seller Financing
- Can be sold “as is”: Ability to sell without the costly repairs that traditional lenders might require.
- A good investment: Possibility of getting better interest rates on the money from the sale of the home than investing the money elsewhere.
- Lump-sum option: The note can be sold to an investor, providing an immediate lump-sum payment.
- Retain ownership: If the buyer defaults, you keep the down payment, the money paid, and the house.
- Sell your house fast: Ability to sell and close faster, as buyers avoid the mortgage process.
- Default: Now, the owner could stop making payments at any time. If this happens and you don’t back out, you could go through the foreclosure process.
- Cost of repairs: If you repossess the property for whatever reason, you may end up paying for repairs and maintenance, depending on how well the buyer took care of the property.
Find a Home Buyer in Lynwood, WA
If you’re looking for the best solution, you are in the right place. With our quick and straightforward process, you won’t have to stress finding possible buyers to purchase your home. I Will Buy House makes it possible by following only three steps:
Step 1: You get in touch with us and provide the necessary information about your property to review it and make you an offer.
Step 2: We review the market and the condition of your home and present you with a written, no-fee, no-obligation, cash offer.
Step 3: You take your time to accept the offer and choose a closing date.
At I Will Buy House, we give you the best cash and seller financing offers.