People looking for tips on how to sell a home in a bad neighborhood often come across articles written by agents claiming they can sell any property in any location. The reality is that many people simply don’t buy houses in neighborhoods with increases in crime or that have become run down. But if you’ve got a property in this type of neighborhood and are looking to sell the property, what options do you have? Fortunately, there are many things you can do to sell your house in a bad neighborhood quickly and without worrying about the stress involved with dealing with real estate agents.
Tips For Selling a Home in a Bad Neighborhood
1) Find out what prices comparable homes are selling for. The first tip for selling any home involves doing research into the housing market in your area. However, many people encounter a hurdle in this area; real estate agents prefer not to disclose this information without having a person being a signed client of theirs. But rest assured there are other ways of getting public information on property sales, and we’ll share a few with you below:
● Check with your local courthouse and public records searches. This often provides you information such as taxes paid in a neighborhood. Additionally, you learn about recent prices of homes sold in the area.
● Ask people who have recently moved into your neighborhood. Often if you are honest and forthcoming, you can easily get a rough estimate of how much they paid for their property.
● Talk to friends in the housing market, either in real estate or marketing and see if you can get a good idea from them.
2) Search for investors who buy homes “as is.” The second tip for selling a home in a bad or run-down neighborhood is to inquire about companies or investors who buy property in as-is condition and either rebuild the property or sell the land to developers. This is a great way to get your house sold quickly without the hassles of dealing with real estate agents or the long-period of time that it traditionally takes to sell a home in today’s market.
Real Estate Investors Offer Homeowners Many Advantages Including:
● Allowing you to sell your home quickly and hassle-free without having to pay expensive realtor fees or having you market your home.
● Not having to spend money on replacing carpet, appliances, roofs, or any other area of the home. (Most buyers require these repairs before buying an older property.)
● A quick and easy sale providing you with cash for your house in a bad neighborhood. This eliminates the need to wait extended periods of time for closing and then paying additional closing costs as well.
One of the best tips that we can offer on selling your home in any neighborhood is to look for non-traditional methods of selling your property quickly. This makes it easier on you or your family to move into a better location fit for your future. Here at I Will Buy House, most people consider our real estate home buying process is non-traditional. We purchase homes with cash in any condition.
Give our team a call if you have any questions or would like a free quote on your home. We are here to help.
Contact us for a free, no-obligation quote:
Get a Quick Cash Offer | Call 206-489-2912